Julie (JuJu)'s Reviews > Those People

Those People by Louise Candlish

liked it
bookshelves: books-i-have, wom-read-2019

After reading this book, I can’t complain about any of the bad neighbors I’ve had!

One bad neighbor can disrupt an entire street, turning previously happy neighbors spiteful and vicious. I liked the author’s writing style, but not her final wrap up of this story. Which is frustrating, because I was really enjoying the book until the end. I’m not sure if it was her intention to leave an opening for a follow-up book, but the ending ruined this book for me. I do “Our House”, so I’ll probably give her another try and hope for a better outcome.

Darren and Jodie move onto a nice peaceful street and bring the home values down fast! They are far from the ideal neighbors and it doesn’t take long before they’ve disrupted the neighborhood. They play loud music at all hours of the day and night; their numerous home projects are leaving rubbish everywhere; and they are running a used-car business that is adding to the unsightly mess.

But the other neighbor’s aren’t as flawless and superior as they appear.

Thank you to NetGalley and Berkley for this digital ARC, in exchange for my honest review!

My Rating: 3 ⭐️
Published: June 11th 2019 by Berkley Books
Pages: 368

Recommend: Maybe, if unlikable characters are your thing.

Excerpts:
“Do you know the Russian proverb, ‘Don’t buy the house, buy the neighborhood’?”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Those People.

February 8, 2019 – Shelved
June 4, 2019 –
June 5, 2019 –
June 5, 2019 – Shelved as: wom-read-2019
June 5, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by marilyn (last edited Jun 06, 2019 01:32PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

marilyn Great review...wish the ending was more of an ending. 🙂

message 2: by Dita (new)

Dita Ack! I hate when all that investment is made and then it fizzles! Better luck next book!

Jaline - (on partial hiatus) Great review, JuJu! :)

message 4: by Bren (new) - added it

Bren This sounds like a fun book.

Julie (JuJu) It is entertaining. 🤪

Julie (JuJu) Thanks everyone! 😊

message 7: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Terrific review Julie! Glad you had a fun read! 💞