Mel's Reviews > Welcome to the Writer's Life: How to Design Your Writing Craft, Writing Business, Writing Practice, and Reading Practice

Welcome to the Writer's Life by Paulette Perhach

bookshelves: giveaways-arcs

This... seriously reads like the literary therapy session that every writer needs at SOME point in their process. I was lucky enough to get a free copy at just the right time in my own process and I’ll forever be grateful! Just like going to reading gives you, a writer, perspective on the reality of the trade and, hopefully, inspiration to KEEP WRITING no matter what because even the most successful authors were in your shoes once (which is one piece of advice given in the book; as part of finding your community, go be in the world of writing!), this book is full of the most supportive nuggets of hope that I’d strongly advise anyone who is stuck or feeling particularly pessimistic, to just grab a copy and sit with it for a few days, then get your butt back in the chair and make your art.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Welcome to the Writer's Life.

February 8, 2019 – Started Reading