Ari's Reviews > The Path Keeper

12016968

it was ok
bookshelves: coulda-been-betah

2.5 oddly disappointing stars

Huh, for a book that started as well as this did, I'm immensely disappointed by the ending. The story was so intriguing at the beginning, and then even I'm not sure where it took a turn for worse.. But let's trace back to all the things that the book did wrong, shall we?

1. CHARACTER CONSISTENCY: This is something that I feel the book suffered with. There was zero consistency in the character actions and motivations. They were mostly abrupt for the sake of being abrupt, rather than for the sake of suspence, as it should be.

2. STORYLINE: I think the author started writing this story with something else in mind, but then went in an entirely different path altogether somewhere after 60% and then never bothered checking of the stories connected. But maybe that just might be me.

3. CHARACTERS IN GENERAL: Neither of the MCs were remotely likable to me and neither were the sides. This book tried with the typical YA themes of side characters where one friend is a sex advocate for every hot guy the female lead comes across, and a bitch of a rich mother, but boy did it fail at even that. Ugh. Literally showed me why I avoid YA books like they're the plague.

Did I miss anything?

The ending was such a cluster fuck I'm surprised my phone is still intact after the number of times I banged my head against its screen.

Fuck my life.

ARC provided in exchange of an honest review via Netgalley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Path Keeper.

February 7, 2019 – Started Reading