Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦'s Reviews > The Candle Palace

The Candle Palace by Devney Perry

bookshelves: 2019_5-stars, arc

“I don’t see scars when I look at you. I see a man who makes me feel safe. A man who makes me feel wanted and sexy. You don’t have to hide these scars from me. They don’t scare me.”

I have always been a huge fan of Devney Perry’s work and her stories are always the highest on my anticipated tbr list. Having said that, some of her masterpieces also happen to be some of my ALL TIME FAVES EVER, and when I discovered she was releasing a novella as part of the Jamison Valley series, I literally could not be more excited. The Candle Palace positively blew me away and while it is considered a novella, it wasn’t super short and more like a full-sized novel, so we really got a fulfilling and well-rounded story that is perfect for a series as amazing as Jamison Valley.

Milo and Sara’s love story is positively breathtaking and one that I believe is so epic that everyone should stop what they are doing and devour immediately. Milo has suffered an immense amount of pain, both physically and emotionally due to an explosion which occurred at work and the scars he bares are so much more than skin deep. Sara is the nurse who cares for Milo within the burn unit and while she can treat his wounds, with her care and compassion she may just have the power to heal him in more ways than one. Milo is not always the nicest to be around due to the immense pain and emotional turmoil he has suffered. I really felt for him and everything he had to endure as a result of those severe injuries. I could not think of anyone better than Sara to try to heal poor broken Miles, she really is a modern-day Florence Nightingale.

While I tend to steer clear of novellas as I have not had much luck, this story was profound, and it was written with so much depth; it had such an emotional plot. The characters were crafted so perfectly and their development throughout the story was phenomenal. I absolutely loved this story from start to finish and could not recommend it enough as Milo and Sara’s love story is one that deserves to be shared with the world. There is a reason Devney Perry is my favourite author, because she continues to write stories that I feel deep down to my core and literally take my breath away. Be sure to one click this masterpiece.

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Candle Palace.

February 7, 2019 – Shelved