B.B. Lynn's Reviews > The Candle Palace

The Candle Palace by Devney Perry

70461962

bookshelves: 5-star, adult, contemporary-romance, fav-author, police, quick-read

"We’d all had wild, whirlwind romances with the men in our lives. My story was the tamest one, to say the least. There’d been no murder or arson or kidnapping or mafia involvement. But we all had one thing in common. Love."

While this is supposed to be a novella, it's on the longer side which means we really get a full story to round out the Jamison Valley Series. The Candle Palace isn't a story about a girl who's always been sought after and it doesn't include a God-like hero you can't take your eyes off of. This story is about regular people, fighting the odds, and finding love.

“If you had said no, I would have kept asking. For a guy who’s been shot down more than once, I’m pretty gun-shy. But for you, I would have tried a million times. I’ve got a hell of a crush on you, Sara Foster.”

This book takes us back to the first book in this series, The Coppersmith Farmhouse, and gives us the aftermath of an explosion that severely injured Milo Phillips. In the darkest time of his life, he meets Sara Foster, his new nurse. She is sunshine and kindness during the pain and encourages him to hope again.

“Sara, you are not plain. Or dull.” He framed my cheek with his hand. “Yes, I am.” “No, babe, you’re not.” He bent and brushed his lips against mine. “You shine.”

Sara is such an amazing character. She is kind, selfless, and soft, even when her life has given her an excuse to harden. Working on a burn unit, Sara sees the worst of people yet still believes the best. She is exactly who Milo needs.

“I don’t see scars when I look at you. I see a man who makes me feel safe. A man who makes me feel wanted and sexy. You don’t have to hide these scars from me. They don’t scare me.”

This is a beautiful story that I could read every day. The Candle Palace reminds me that it pays to be kind, and that the good guy really does get the girl.

“I’m grateful for the explosion. All the pain. It was worth it. To be here, lying in your bed. It was all worth it.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Candle Palace.

February 7, 2019 – Shelved
July 29, 2019 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance
July 29, 2019 – Shelved as: fav-author
July 29, 2019 – Shelved as: police
July 29, 2019 – Shelved as: quick-read

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Naardsbooks (new) - added it

Naardsbooks Omg! Your review is amazing babe and if I hadn't already purchased this book, I would have after reading this review!! 💖💖

B.B. Lynn Naardsbooks wrote: "Omg! Your review is amazing babe and if I hadn't already purchased this book, I would have after reading this review!! 💖💖"

You're the best! Thank you so much!!!!