Alana Bloom's Reviews > The Lieutenant's Nurse

The Lieutenant's Nurse by Sara  Ackerman

bookshelves: february-2019, historic-fiction, historical-romance, romance, netgalley-arcs

The chemistry between Clark and Eva was perfectly written and getting a few chapters that included Clark’s perspective of his growing feelings for Eva as well as the mounting concern from the communications room added to the slowly growing tension.

The tension of the impending conflict slowly builds as the ship gets closer to Oahu and quickly erupts as the dawn breaks on the day of the Pearl Harbor attack. The pace takes off making the story feel more like an action novel, and it some ways it is. And yet I was most impressed with the quiet strength that Ackerman wove into the female characters that had me cheering. The writing was beautiful even in the midst of carnage. Sara Ackerman has crafted a truly beautiful story of resiliency, love, and friendship with just a dash of intrigue.

Full Review on Dream Come Review on March 5, 2019

**Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing an advanced copy of this book; all opinions are my own.**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lieutenant's Nurse.

February 7, 2019 – Shelved
February 7, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
February 13, 2019 – Started Reading
February 13, 2019 –
February 13, 2019 –
47.0% "LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS you harpy!"
February 13, 2019 – Shelved as: february-2019
February 13, 2019 – Shelved as: historic-fiction
February 13, 2019 – Shelved as: historical-romance
February 13, 2019 – Shelved as: romance
February 13, 2019 – Shelved as: netgalley-arcs
February 13, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Yvonne (Fiction Books) A new to me author, but this one does sound good. Thanks for a thoughtful review :)