Lin Ryals's Reviews > Beasts of the Frozen Sun

Beasts of the Frozen Sun by Jill Criswell

Plot (5 stars): As I talk about this book, you're going to realize that I love, love, love this book! I want to read it again!! So, this book is 368 pages. It did not feel like 368 pages though. The plot was not slow at any point. There was action, things were moving, it was beautiful. I loved every second of the plot. The world Criswell created was so complex. It reminded me a bit of the viking culture. I imagined How to Train Your Dragon the whole time I read it. I don't know if that's how the author pictured it or not, but that's what was in my head. Just a warning though, in the first 20% of this book, my heart was racing and I was crying. The plot is great.

Characters (5 stars): Oh my goodness. The characters!! I couldn't help but to fall in love with the characters. They were all beautiful with their own personalities. The development was perfect. Lira and Reyker won me over pretty quickly. I also loved Lira's brothers and Quinlan. They have such incredible personalities and are written so well.

Writing (5 stars): Which brings us to the writing. This, too, was great. Sometimes when you read high fantasy type stuff, the detail gets away from the author. As a reader, I feel bogged down. Criswell was able to walk that fine line between beautiful details without supplying too many to bore the readers. Criswell is just a beautiful weaver of words.

Overall: AMAZE-BALLS!!! I really don't know what else to say about it. Read this book! I can't wait until the sequel comes out.

I received this book from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beasts of the Frozen Sun.

February 6, 2019 – Started Reading