Sarah Harian's Reviews > Eight Will Fall

bookshelves: mine

2.15.19

THE COVER IS HERE!!!

Find on IndieBound.

EIGHT WILL FALL now available to pre-order on Amazon!

Release Date: November 26, 2019

Fun Facts:

Eight Will Fall is about eight teens traversing a subterranean realm in search of a god they've been ordered to kill. They must quickly learn to use their inherent (and illegal) magic in order to get the job done.

The magic system is based off of emotions, and magic users--Empaths--can channel emotions to conjure or destroy.

Eight Will Fall is a high fantasy stand-alone novel with a healthy dose of cosmic horror. It is a single-POV mission/survival book (not a heist :) ).
If you're a gaming nerd, think Dead Space set in a Skyrim cave.

For movie geeks, The Descent meets a high-fantasy version of The Goonies.

Initially, I came up with the magic system for this book based on a whim, ignoring what subconsciously drove me to choose emotions. As I began therapy for general anxiety disorder, I realized that I've been driven or coerced into suppressing my emotions my entire life, because the degree that I experience emotions makes me look weak. I'm a crier, and I'm often easily frustrated and panicked. I wear my heart on my sleeve and my feelings are always displayed clearly on my face and in my body language. In a way, writing this book was a continuation of therapy as I developed a world where emotions are fuel for magic, and magic is feared.

I'm very excited to share EIGHT WILL FALL with the world, and I hope you love it as much as I do.

-Sarah

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eight Will Fall.

January 1, 2017 – Started Reading
February 6, 2019 – Shelved
February 6, 2019 – Shelved as: mine
February 6, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Rikki (new) - added it

Rikki Yay! I can't wait. This is my most anticipated book of the entire year.

message 2: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Harian Rikki wrote: "Yay! I can't wait. This is my most anticipated book of the entire year."

I'm so happy to hear this!

message 3: by Katrina (new) - added it

Katrina This sounds AMAZING!!! (The Descent is one of my favorite horror films and Dead Space one of my favorite horror games so this just sounds perfect.) I am curious: will it have any LGBT+ representation in it? (:

message 4: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Harian Katrina wrote: "This sounds AMAZING!!! (The Descent is one of my favorite horror films and Dead Space one of my favorite horror games so this just sounds perfect.) I am curious: will it have any LGBT+ representati..."

Hi, Katrina:
So glad to hear you're excited! And yes, one of the core characters is queer. :)