Ashley Shuttleworth's Reviews > A Dark and Hollow Star

A Dark and Hollow Star by Ashley Shuttleworth

(Review from the author)

edit 06/20: I'm very excited for the world to meet Arlo, Nos, Vehan, and Aurelian, my chaotic children who've come to mean so much to me, just like this story, which is very long and very busy (thank you final Fantasy) and at times was very painful to write, but I’m fiercely proud of what it levelled up to become. I hope you’ll enjoy it. Also, I get asked fairly often what sort of queer rep is in this, so for your curiosity:

Arlo—questioning (later to be confirmed pansexual)
Nausicaä—lesbian
Vehan—bisexual
Aurelian—gay
Luck—genderfluid

Please be advised of the trigger/content warnings for this story, which will be included in the book. These subjects are all things I’ve tried to handle with care and sensitivity. It's important to talk about uncomfortable issues, especially with our youth, but that discussion should be something you consent to engaging with first and foremost.

CW: anger, arson, blood/gore, body horror (minor), death of a child, depression, disownment, divorce, drug use/addiction, grief/grieving, human trafficking, poverty, psychopathy, stalking, suicide (past, off-page), suicide ideation, toxic relationship/manipulation, trauma/PTSD, racism, violence/gun violence

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Dark and Hollow Star.

2016 – Started Reading
February 6, 2019 – Shelved
February 28, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Just As Sane As I Am Is it YA or Adult fantasy?