Robert Owens's Reviews > My Hairiest Adventure

My Hairiest Adventure by R.L. Stine

it was ok
bookshelves: fiction, goosebumps, horror, public-library

My journey through the original 62 books continues. Unlike the last one, this book was meh for me. I wasn't enjoying the seeming rip-off of Teen Wolf. It wasn't interesting, rather straightforward, and full of telegraphed plot points.

Until the end. Alas, it wasn't an ending that redeemed the story; rather, it was so far-fetched it confirmed this story lacked on every front.

The boy and his friends are in a band. The school will host a battle of the bands. The arch-nemesis, Howie, is determined to win. The friends find a bottle of tanning solution and use it. After that, the boy begins to grow hair.

He is embarrassed and tries to cover it up. He eventually tells his father who takes him to the doctor. The doctor is unconcerned. The hair continues to grow, people disappear, the battle of the bands happens, the boy grows more hair during the show, he runs away, etc.

No, the parents are not werewolves. No, this is a much sillier ending. Read it and weep. Meh.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Hairiest Adventure.

February 5, 2019 – Started Reading