MobileMinx's Reviews > In the Company of Cheerful Ladies

In the Company of Cheerful Ladies by Alexander McCall Smith

7492097
Jan 31, 2012

Read from January 31 to February 04, 2012

After a few years break, I picked up the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency Series with installment six In the Company of Cheerful Ladies. This reunion with Lady Detective Precious Ramotswe immediately brought me to the warm and famiiar characters stories that originally attracted me. This story is no less compelling, though it has that Botswana pace where everything takes the time it needs and one must just wait. As the story unfolds, we have apprentices acting up, a gambling financier to find, dances to be learned, a secret to keep and a tiny white van which may have come to its last drive. All is resolved and the reader travels on the story's journey like a rail passenger watching the scenic images from a large train window. The pictures are vivid and evocative. The narrative at once draws you in and allows you to imagine the sunlit vistas. I look forward to the next chance I have to sit with a cup of bush tea and the lady detectives.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Company of Cheerful Ladies.

02/02/2012 page 181