Kelly (and the Book Boar)'s Reviews > Fix Her Up

Fix Her Up by Tessa Bailey

Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

If you haven’t seen me mention it an infinite amount of times before, these cartoony cover romcoms have become my kryptonite. Meaning, I want them all and I want them now. There’s no need to read a blurb, or reviews, or look at ratings, I just know I need them in my life. The title/cover of this one led me to believe the action was going to center around my other guilty pleasure – house flipping. Little did I know that the flippy family business was not going to be the focus at all (I bet book #3 is because Bethany is gonna need some luvin’ eventually too!!!!), but rather it was going to be about a FORMER BASEBALL PLAYER . . . . .

Oh my lort. Any time I can picture Clayton Kershaw as the leading male I get all double-leg-kicky . . . .

But then the female lead was a CLOWN . . . . .

Literally. A C.L.O.W.N. No one enjoys a clown for cripes sake! However, I am nothing if I’m not a masochist trooper, so I marched on with just a bit (translation – A LOT) of trepidation. For any of you who are also super not interested in reading about Bozo getting her groove on, have no fear! Despite our leading lady legit wearing the white face paint and honking nose, she also had goals of becoming THE name in children’s party planning and was not a manic pixie dream girl like I feared she would be.

And then. THEN! It was a FAKE ROMANCE TROPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh how I love the let’s pretend we’re in love trope. The terms this time around were MLB bad boy Travis suffered a career-ending injury before ever reaching 30 and went into a downward spiral. When a chance at a broadcast career becomes available, Travis has to make quick work of spit-shining his image. Enter his bestie’s sister, Georgie. In love with him since they were in kids, she’s willing to put her feelings on the backburner in order to help Travis achieve his goal as well as for her to achieve hers (*cough losing her V-card cough*).

Not only was this completely adorable, but also? They went to pound town before the 50% mark and lemme tell you, Travis had more than just magic hands . . . .

You know what that means, right? Sploooooooooooooooooooooosh . . . .

There’s only one thing I have to say about Travis: #hecangetit

Bottom line?

All the Starz. I’ve had a shitty couple of weeks and this baby turned my frown upside down. A perfect poolside read!

ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you, NetGalley!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fix Her Up.

February 5, 2019 – Shelved
May 7, 2019 – Shelved as: romcom
May 7, 2019 – Shelved as: summertimesummertimesumsumsummertim
May 7, 2019 – Finished Reading
May 22, 2019 – Shelved as: cartoony-covers-are-my-kryptonite

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

message 1: by debra (new) - added it

debra Wonderful review, but, OMG, you neglected to say this takes place in Port Jeff LI NY. Requesting a "BUY IT FOR ME"

Kelly (and the Book Boar) debra wrote: "Wonderful review, but, OMG, you neglected to say this takes place in Port Jeff LI NY. Requesting a "BUY IT FOR ME""

I should (at minimum) have mentioned the Long Island part since that was a nice change of pace too since the dude's potential broadcasting job was 100% feasible (he'd be the voice of a fictional MLB team a/k/a "Fake Mets") and no one would have to move across the country for the other or any of that other crap that ticks me off.

Aisling Zena Fantastic review Kelly! I cannot wait to read this one. Love Tessa Bailey! :)

Kelly (and the Book Boar) This was my first Tessa Bailey. I’m so excited to read more!

Aisling Zena Kelly (and the Book Boar) wrote: "This was my first Tessa Bailey. I’m so excited to read more!"

I hope you love her other stuff too. So far she has not let me down. I don't think I've ever rated anything of her hers less than 3.5 stars.

message 6: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer Looking forward to reading this! Hope things turn around with some great days ahead of you, Kelly ❤️

Kelly (and the Book Boar) Jennifer wrote: "Looking forward to reading this! Hope things turn around with some great days ahead of you, Kelly ❤️"

Thank you! Luckily it's just some frustrations at work rather than any real problems : )