Karen Whittard's Reviews > The Trouble with Rose

The Trouble with Rose by Amita Murray

Read 2 times. Last read February 5, 2019.

What I really liked about The trouble with Rose was how refeshingly different it was to most books out there in the market today.

I have to say that this is the first book that I have read by Amita Murray but it certainly won’t be the last.

I haven’t come across a book before where the main character is Indian and includes so much information into the Indian culture, their family lives, their beliefs, their systems for doing things like marriage ect. Which was what I felt was a refreshing change from the norm.

In this book we meet Rilla. She is all set to get married to a man called Simon. Rilla is all dressed in her wedding gown, the venue is looking beautiful, Simon and Rillas family are out in force. But the a police man turns up and arrests Rilla for stealing.

Rilla and simons family manage to get her out of the prison cell. But then Rilla runs away. She is still heartbroken about her sister Rose who went missing 17 years ago, she is overwhelmed with the whole arranged marriage and her family who need to get involved in absolutely everything and is stressed out about not being able to concentrate enough to complete her MA.

Rilla needs to find out what happened to her sister? She needs to find out where Rose is? She needs to know who she really is? And she needs to sort out these things before she can even begin to sort out the mess of the last few days.

Can Rilla find answers to These unanswered questions and can Rilla find happiness once again.

A fabulous book, with a whole lot of heart.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Trouble with Rose.

Finished Reading