Talia Hibbert's Reviews > Sin and Ink

Sin and Ink by Naima Simone

bookshelves: author-of-colour, broke-me

Sooo... because I'm always woefully behind on my TBR, I've been meaning to read this forever, but only just got down to business. And let me tell you, I am gravely displeased with Past Me. Because if I'd read this book immediately, I could've reread it like ten times by now, and I definitely do want to reread it that many times. I. LOVED. IT.

I actually shocked myself with just how much I loved it, because intensity and angst and Serious Stuff like lusting after your brother's widow is usually too much for my delicate nerves. Although I did enjoy that trope in Wrong to Need You, too, so clearly I'm into it as long as the author got SKILLS. AND NAIMA GOT SKILLS.

Holy hell, was this hot and angsty and emotional and uplifting and so goddamn compelling I could NOT put it down. It has such beautiful and thought-provoking commentary on choice, grief, recovery, loyalty, independence, and more. But it was so much fun with such real and interesting characters. I found myself giggling constantly through a book with some pretty heavy subject matter which is just... the best kind of witchcraft, really.

Knox and Eden's friendship was so deep and vital, and just so heartbreakingly romantic in the BEST way. And, did I mention so HOT? Naima does erotic romance so right. SO. RIGHT. Steamy is not even the word. This book was so hot it burned me alive. This book was so hot I had to open the windows during a polar vortex. This book was so hot I actually picked up my phone at one point, because I thought I might need medical intention. I. WAS. NOT. READY.

And it helped that every touch was 100% necessary to the emotional growth of our multilayered protagonists. I’m astonished at how much the author fit into one book - the many layers of conflict and obstacles between them, the depth of emotion and the connection hero and heroine had built, the wonderful and complicated people in their lives, and uh, did I mention the sex?

This book skillfully weaves together past and present, blame and redemption, guilt and forgiveness, for a truly epic love story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sin and Ink.

February 3, 2019 – Started Reading
February 4, 2019 – Finished Reading
February 5, 2019 – Shelved
February 5, 2019 – Shelved as: author-of-colour
February 5, 2019 – Shelved as: broke-me

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Persefphanie  Brungard Damn!! That cover is HOTTT!!!!

Talia Hibbert Right?! The book is even hotter