Kayla's Reviews > She/He/They/Me: For the Sisters, Misters, and Binary Resisters

She/He/They/Me by Robyn Ryle

I have a ton of thoughts on this. I got an advanced reader's copy but it took me a bit to read. I am someone who is very informed about gender politics (at least compared to the general public) so for me there wasn't a TON of new info in here. Some of the details about cultures around the world and in the past were very interesting to me. I even learned a new term or two. Overall though, I'd say if you're already really up to your eyeballs in gender discussion, I'd say you can skip this one.

If you're someone who isn't heavily involved with gender already though, this book is perfect for you. It touches base on all the 101 stuff and then goes into some more advanced info but at a very manageable and consumable rate. It is also all done through a "fun" format rather than a dry textbook or essay style.

Basically this book is in the style of "choose your own adventure" which is a genre I don't personally enjoy so I just read it straight through and it still made plenty of sense. However, if you're someone reading this as an early intro to your gender knowledge I would recommend reading it in its intended format.

A good read. Informative. Well written.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read She/He/They/Me.

February 4, 2019 – Started Reading