Michael Turashoff's Reviews > The Wrong Side of Goodbye

The Wrong Side of Goodbye by Michael Connelly

3222017

WARNING fellow mystery lovers! This book is a double-barreled shotgun blast to the entertainment sensories of the brain.

Wow, where do I begin? I'll start with the obvious, once again Connelly doesn't fail to provide thrills, spills and mystery all rolled into a well researched, excellently written tale that deserves every one of my stingily given 5 stars.

You won't figure out the ending on this one unless you're a better detective than yours truly. I can't think of enough energetic adjectives to describe my feelings throughout this story. After a couple of paragraphs, the story comes alive in your mind like your own private high-tech TV.

No, better than that, you are right there, next to the DUDE detective, Bosch as he works the case. At times you gulp down deep breaths when you finally realize you have been holding your breath for way too long.

Our hero takes us through not one but two intriguing cases. The difference with a master like Connelly is you know anything can happen. As in real life, the boy doesn't always get the girl, the victim isn't always saved, and most important the character you have grown to like doesn't always live.

Connelly's stories aren't sickeningly sweet fantasy tales of good always conquering evil and wrongs always righted within the confines of the book. No sir, no mam, Connelly's tales are those of real life where people aren't always perfect and sometimes evil wins.

If you love a great Mystery, Thriller, Suspense, Whodunit work of art, please my friends read "The Wrong Side of Goodbye" with our hero Harry Bosch you won't be disappointed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wrong Side of Goodbye.

February 4, 2019 – Started Reading
February 4, 2019 – Shelved
February 6, 2019 –
27.0% "What's there to say? Bosch is my favorite detective and I'm loving this book so far. Bosch is the DUDE lol"
February 6, 2019 –
43.0% "Getting better"
February 8, 2019 –
78.0% "And the plot thickens for our DUDE, Bosch! What a great book but I didn't expect anything less."
February 8, 2019 –
February 8, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Have to get to this series!

Michael Turashoff Yes mam, If you've never read the Harry Bosch series I strongly recommend you do. You won't be disappointed. Bosch is an "old-school" hard-boiled detective who has a strong moral compass.

Best of all, Connelly's books are well researched and extremely interesting. Being a writer myself, I appreciate in-depth research as much as I do good writing.

If I could make a suggestion, I would recommend you start with the first book in the series because I'm that sure you'll want to read every one in the series.

If you enjoy a great mystery/thriller/suspense/whodunit you'll love these books. Please let me know if you ever take one for a test drive I would love to chat with you about it.

If you don't mind beginning in the middle of a series let me know and I'll give you another recommendation.

message 3: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Thanks, Michael!

I actually have the first Bosch and his most recent (autographed copy through the Mysterious Bookshop) and do not know why I have been so lax with getting to this series. You have motivated me to put it high on my "to-read" list.

Count me discussing them with you!

Much thanks and appreciation for your helpful advice! | : 0 )

Michael Turashoff AWESOME! That is fantastic, I mean it. I've been a huge fan of Bosch for about 10 years now when I read my very first. After that, I boogied to the library and started from the beginning.

I am so envious and happy at the same time. I'm happy for you having a signed copy for yourself and yes a bit envious as well. Out of all the detectives I've read, he is still my favorite.

And his brother "The Lincoln Lawyer" is my favorite lawyer. Egads did I actually say something good about a lawyer LOL? I'm safe he's a fictional lawyer.

I also love courtroom mysteries and Haller has always been my main favorite. Just let me know where and when because I'd love chatting about both of them with you.