Alli Kaye's Reviews > Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst

F 50x66
Jan 30, 2012

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day is a book that everybody is able to relate to. Everybody has days that are similar to Alexander's but this story reminds you that things will work out in the end. I loved that the narrator of the story was Alexander because it really allowed you to feel all of his frustrations throughout the book. I like that there were a lot of repeating lines because it really makes it a fun book to read aloud. I think it would be a great book to read at the end of a school day and to discuss how tomorrow is a brand new day.

I also like that the illustrations in the book are black and white sketches because it really depicts Alexander's mood throughout the story. I also like that the illustrator was able to capture the emotions on Alexander's face so vividly. This is definitely a story that I will want to have in my library when I become a teacher.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Hainline The repeating lines help struggling readers. I enjoy reading this book aloud to my class. It's fun to hear them then read with a buddy.