Girot17505's Reviews > Milo: Sticky Notes and Brain Freeze

Milo by Alan Silberberg

Recommended for: Teenagers

Milo Sticky Notes and Brain Freeze is a very nice book it talks about a boy that is around 12 years old and has just moved into a new house and a new school.
I enjoyed this book a lot because it made me laugh, but also made me cry and it is very nicely written.
It’s a very sentimental book because after three chapters we understand that Milo’s mom died not to long ago so in some passages he remembers some moments that he spent with his mom and it is so well written that the author makes you feel like if you are inside the book with the characters yourself.
He has two new friends one that he calls ‘one eyed jack’ but his real name is Marshall Hickler and Milo thinks he is the best friend he could ever have because he was so cool and so nice to hang out with, and an other call Hillary Alpert that he thinks is a real weirdo because she always leaves purple sticky notes on his locker telling him every thing she’s going to do.
Through the story he is going to try to find old things that belonged to his mother and just live a normal teenager life.
This book is a little bit like an autobiography because it talks about his life and what happened and is going to happen to him.

My two favorite chapters:
Chapter 2:
Because it’s a very funny chapter. In this chapter he talks about the five different houses he moved into and how one was named the ‘Simple. Sweet. Satellite TV’ house because while they were living there his mother was still alive the second house was called the ‘Apartment of endless stairs’, why? well the name gives away the hole story of why they gave it that name but in short they gave it that name because the lived on the fifth floor and there was NO elevator! The third was called the ‘Stink-Hole (The mystery smell was never found)’, the forth was the ‘Fog House’ which is the most important house because it is in that house were it all went wrong; it was there that his mother got sick and were when he moved out of the house his mother did not come along. The fifth one is the one he is living in now and he is enjoying it. This chapter get’s funny when he talk’s about when he first saw the girl he like’s which is a really sweet part of the book.
Chapter 7:
I like the seventh chapter because it’s a very emotional chapter. In this chapter he talks about how since his mothers death his dad has changed. He remembers the day when his father told him that his mother didn’t make it and how since then he was changed. And also remembers how when his parents told him that his mother was sick he went to a fortune teller that told him every thing was going to be fine and that he didn’t have to worry…

The book is written well but it isn’t big literature it’s more of an easy book to read then a real novel. I think it will touch a lot of my class mates because it also talks about how a boy our age fell’s about moving and changing schools every two years or so.

Milo Sticky Notes and Brain Freeze by Alan Silberberg
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Milo.

December 30, 2011 – Started Reading