Eyehavenofilter's Reviews > Red Wolf

Red Wolf by Liza Marklund

bookshelves: scan-nor-rus-crime

This was a task to read but I guess it's really cold up there in the Netherlands! I suppose these authors will now
become the rage after Larsson and Nesbo have braved the Atlantic and hit pay dirt here in the USA! This is an amazing weave of spy vs.
Spy vs. Spy. and misdirection, wrong turns, bad decisions, and misplaced loyalties that just make us glad that we the reader live easier less complicated lives. ( seriously)
I discovered them 5 or so years ago and been on a one woman rant about them! Now all of a sudden
EVERY one is telling ME how great they are! ( sheesh!) anyway plod on through this it's like eating some
peculiar foreign foreign food for the first time, you're not quite sure if you like it, but with each bite it gets
better and better! Go on....... Dive in! You'll acquire a taste for these authors, seriously! It also helps to be
a bit of a European history buff, you just might learn something new as well! ( heaven forbid!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Red Wolf.

Started Reading
January 21, 2012 – Finished Reading
January 30, 2012 – Shelved
June 17, 2012 – Shelved as: scan-nor-rus-crime

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Eyehavenofilter This took forever to read, maybe it was my state of mind at the time?
But it is a cold climate up there in the Netherlands I guess! I'm
really getting into these authors lately. It's like eating a tasty foreign food
for the first time! You're not quite sure if you like it or not, but you keep
at it untill you get it! The results are definately worth it! Very complex plot,
however, and it helps to be a history buff reading these authors works!
Go ahead and acquire the taste!

message 2: by Edda (new) - added it

Edda The Scandinavian authors know how to write a good thriller - that's for sure!

Amanda It is set in Sweden not the Netherlands #Eyehavenofilter. I liked the book but it is a bit slower than the author's other books. But perhaps this was her intention. She grew up in the area in which the book was set and loves it warts and all. It gets better as you continue it and if you like political modern history it will appeal more.