Lisa (Bookworm Lisa)'s Reviews > Escape to Everly Manor

Escape to Everly Manor by Chalon Linton

bookshelves: 2019, historical-fiction, received-to-review, regency, romance

I really hate it when greedy people take advantage of orphans.

Lizzy runs from her family home with her younger brother. He Uncle has taken possession of the estate and is shipping off her brother to serve as a cabin boy on a ship. Lizzy cannot allow that to happen so she plots her escape.

What would you do for someone you love? In this case, Lizzy is willing to sacrifice everything to protect her brother. He is all the family that she has left and she cannot let him be put in danger on a ship. Her Uncle is a violent man who has made their life miserable.

Their adventure takes them to the small town of Hillcrest. It is there that Lizzy finds protection at Everly Manor. The interactions between Lizzy and Barton are precious. Lizzy has secrets and is not willing to give them up. She fears that she will be forced to return to the care of her Uncle and her brother shipped off to sea. She is not sure who or what she can trust. This leads her into danger.

Barton is an honorable and just man. He has always been an advocate for the downtrodden. He wants nothing more than to protect Lizzy and Thomas. Getting Lizzy to trust him is the main battle that he faces.

This book is sweet. It is one that I wanted to keep reading and find out if there is a "happy ever after" for the characters. I enjoyed them and the rural setting.

Source: I received a complimentary copy. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Escape to Everly Manor.

February 3, 2019 – Started Reading
February 3, 2019 – Shelved
February 3, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019
February 3, 2019 – Shelved as: historical-fiction
February 3, 2019 – Shelved as: received-to-review
February 3, 2019 – Shelved as: regency
February 3, 2019 – Shelved as: romance
February 3, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Julie Carpenter Sounds like a great read! It’s on my list!

Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa) Julie wrote: "Sounds like a great read! It’s on my list!"

You will enjoy this book. :)

Julie Carpenter 😊