Cole Riann's Reviews > The Dragon Tamer

The Dragon Tamer by Ana Bosch

Jan 30, 2012

bookshelves: m-m-bittersweet, m-m-fantasy, m-m-short

3.75 stars (rounded up)

Note: The Dragon Tamer is a Bittersweet story.

I've only read a few of the Bittersweet stories from the DSP line, because somehow, when I'm reading them I always forget that it isn't going to end well. Then, I'm surprised and mad at myself for forgetting, and it takes a while before I'm in the mood to read one again.

Overall, besides the fact that I'm mad again at the ending (Not the fault of the author though, the ending was nicely written even though it wasn't an HEA), I really enjoyed this story. The world is nicely set up and something that I'd love to read about further (though I'd much rather a happier story!). I would have liked to read more about the romance, which is a part that is mostly summarized in the middle of the story. It also would have given the ending some more punch.

The beginning started with a little segment that breaks through the 4th wall. It isn't specifically in 2nd person, but it also only lasted a couple paragraphs ("Let me tell you a story..."), so I didn't really need time to get used to the less common POV.

I would love to read Drake's story, and have him get an HEA. As I said, I really enjoyed the world created here and would love to see Drake's future, as well as the future of the Tamer village after Aedin's magic has taken place.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dragon Tamer.

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Great review, Cole! And thanks! I was trying to decide whether I should buy this one or not because it's bittersweet but the blurb is just so tempting so I wasn't sure what to do! But now I'm going to get it. Looking forward to reading it :)

Cole Riann Nikyta wrote: "Great review, Cole! And thanks! I was trying to decide whether I should buy this one or not because it's bittersweet but the blurb is just so tempting so I wasn't sure what to do! But now I'm going..."

Yeah I had the same hesitation :) At least it's a short so you won't have invested a whole lot of time and emotion into the story when there's no HEA, so that's good! But yeah, I really liked the worldbuilding. It would be awesome to see a happier story set in the different villages :)

MsMiz (Tina) Oh lord...Bittersweet. I am not sure I am fond of those!! hee

Cole Riann MsMiz (Tina) wrote: "Oh lord...Bittersweet. I am not sure I am fond of those!! hee"

This one is really short so you won't get too emotionally invested in it. I say give it a try, you can knock this one out in 30 min :)