Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads's Reviews > Trust in Me

Trust in Me by Skye Warren

Coming on the heels of Keep Me Safe I was so happy to read Trust In Me. And by "happy" I mean still horrified by the subject matter, but finding the book to be more fleshed out.
As the author's forward warns, along with many of the reviews, this is a DARK book. I read a comparable series by another author who described her work as an "erotic thriller" (and in fact she is adamantly opposed to anyone calling her work "dark romance"), and I have to say that seems to apply here as well. I don't view the bulk of this book as romance. It is more like a thriller with an HEA. Like a horror movie where the victim falls in love with her savior.
From a heat standpoint this wasn't my jam. BUT, I knew what this was going in. I came for the story, not the heat. Because there was no heat for me in any of what happened to poor Mia. Sadism is so profoundly unappealing to me. And Carlos? He is definitely a sadist. He is the devil. He hurt her, and very badly, for fun. He didn't care for her or about her as a person. He kept her alive, but treated her worse than a possession. I hope a terrible fate befalls Carlos. Truly.

Find me at:
Facebook: https://fb.me/amandamariereads
Blog: http://amandamariereads.blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trust in Me.

February 3, 2019 – Shelved