Bill's Reviews > Gun Games

M 50x66
Jan 30, 2012

liked it
Read in January, 2012

Faye Kellerman is a wonderful author who usually has me eating out of her hand from the first page. I usually find myself enjoying learning a bit of Judaic law that she skillfully weaves in with the mystery/suspense themes that are at the heart of her Decker and Lazarus novels. In Gun Games she takes on teen bullying at an elite private school in LA, along with the expected drugs, sex, and guns. Two apparent teen suicides, a relationship between a 15 year-old boy--staying with Peter Decker and Rina Lazarus--and a 14 year-old girl (who is a Persian Jew) that is hidden from both families, are woven into a confrontation with the school bullies that leads to the stroy behind the suicides.

I was not overly enthusiastic about the teens who seemed to be cliches of every news report about school bullies and the dialogue between the two star-crossed teens came out of a soap opera. The interplay between Pete and Rina and their family continues to carry her books. It's terrific and makes Gun Games well worth reading.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gun Games.