Ellen 's Reviews > Significance

Significance by Shelly Crane

Jan 30, 2012

bookshelves: quarterly-challenge, favorites

I really loved this book. I read an excerpt from the first chapter and took a look at the cover, and thought this is going to be good. Needless to say, I was not disappointed. I love romance, and boy did this book deliver in that department. It is also filled with action, adventure, and the supernatural, which make it all the more interesting.

Maggie meets Caleb after experiencing the worst year of her life. Her mother left her, her boyfriend dumped her, and her dad has been so depressed he has pretty much checked out of her life. She has just graduated from high school with no plans from the future. She finally agrees to a date with her long-time friend Kyle, and literally saves Caleb's life on her way there, and get this, Caleb is Kyle's cousin. Maggie and Caleb are immediately attracted to one another. They end up imprinting and Maggie's life takes a drastic turn. Not only has she found her soul-mate, she has become part of a supernatural world she never new existed, and falls in love with a guys she cannot live without, literally.

I really loved the romance and the love story between Maggie and Caleb. Caleb is truly swoon worthy. He loves her completely and unconditionally, and what girl wouldn't die for that. The books is also filled with action and mystery. Shelly incorporates the supernatural/paranormal aspect that makes it even more interesting, and she has a different take on that element, which I haven't seen before and really enjoyed. I couldn't put the book down wanting to see what happened next. I was pleasantly suprised to find that the sequel, Accordance, is already out and I bought that immediately. I can't wait until the third in the series, Defiance, comes out in the spring. I would definetely recommend this book. It is truly a Goodread. Shelly Crane

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Significance.