Amanda Lewis's Reviews > The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families by Stephen R. Covey

Everyone who is a member of a family should read this book (so that means everyone 😉). Stephen Covey takes the 7 Habits from “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” and teaches how they work within a family setting. He provides many different examples, stories, objects lessons, and facts to support and teach each Habit. I feel like this book is so full of good information it will be something that I need to continually come back and reference to. It’s more of a way of life then a book with a few good takeaways.

This book is all about changing a family from the “inside-out” and focusing on what is important- not necessary what is urgent. I can see how if these habits are put into practice (especially in the younger years) a family can thrive together through vision, communication, validation, and love. I appreciate my own parents caring enough to read and mark up this book and I hope that my children will feel the same when they are grown.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families.

February 2, 2019 – Shelved