Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*'s Reviews > Pretty Reckless

Pretty Reckless by L.J. Shen

Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

I received an eARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

5 Stars!
Binge Read Alert!!

The Review:
Oh my “Marx”! This book... WOW. Just wow!

You want feels? It’s here. You want angsts? It’s here!

You want a book you can sink into and only be pried out by the threat of a zombie apocalypse... and even then it’s questionable? (Let them get eaten!) IT’S HERE! This book. This is the one to read to get your binge read on.

Story/Characters...
Remember the original HotHoles from the “Sinners of Saint” series? Yeah? I mean, who could forget them, right? That’s where I fell in love with this author and her fabulous alpha-holes. This series features their offspring. And this book? Is about Daria Followhill, daughter of Jaime and Melody from “Defy”.

You think Daria Followhill has everything. Beauty. Security. Popularity. And dance. She has a fabulous life. An envious life. She’s spoiled. She’s bratty. And she’s jealous. Under that perfect exterior, there are depths to her secrets and looks are the most deceiving thing of all.

Penn Scully is tough. His life is a mess. He doesn’t have the family. The money. The privilege. His life is beyond complicated.

Daria and Penn meet for the first time when she’s fourteen. She thinks her life is spiraling out of control, so he does her a favor. She repays him with a kiss. That one act irrevocable act changed everything for both of them.

Four years later, Penn is back and he has vengeance in mind. Daria has redemption.

There’s angsts. Oh, the angsts!
There are complications. Que the rollercoaster ride of emotions.
There is hate. There is lust. There is a fine line to be crossed.
There is fiery chemistry! Shew...

This story is intense. It’s stressful. It’s painful.

It’s phenomenal!

I loved it. From beginning to end, it was one thing after another and the author does a beautiful job of immersing the reader into their chaotic world, but also guiding us through so that each twist and turn is breath-stealing and breath-taking.

I wanted to hate Daria. But I couldn’t. Not really. Once all her layers were peeled back, once her mask was removed ... there was a lot going on and the author did an amazing job showing this reader her depth.

I loved Penn from the start. L.J. Shen knows how to write an alpha-hole you can’t help but love and adore. Penn was that kind of characters. Tough. Conflicted. Layered. And hot!

The Wrap Up...
This is definitely an enemies-to-lovers read you’ll binge. I couldn’t put it down and I’m so freaking excited for the next tale in this series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pretty Reckless.

February 1, 2019 – Shelved