Tara Brabazon's Reviews > Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying Up

Spark Joy by Marie Kondō

did not like it
Read 2 times. Last read February 2, 2019.

Bloody hell. I'm not sure when they released smack into the water supply, but this book confirms that we have lost it, as a civilization.

Three examples will confirm my statement.

Clothes organization. “Start with tops because things worn closer to your heart make it easier to judge whether or not you feel joy.”

It is fabric, love. Sort yourself out.

Second example. “Store bras like royalty.”

Women's underwear is satanic. It exists to make us feel uncomfortable. Unworthy. Bits are not quite in the right place. I refuse to treat these hooky, yucky bonkers pieces of overpriced fabric as royalty.

It is demonic lace, love. Sort yourself out.

Example three. “Tidying up your books is the best way to increase your sensitivity to joy and your ability to take action."

You touch my books - I'm taking an organ. You will increase my sensitivity to DEFCON 1 if you touch my books. Also, don't use the word sensitivity. I think I've just melted into a post-empathic spinach...

Please - think about capitalism, work, leisure, women and men. Do not allow this nonsense to direct your actions.

Shocking.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spark Joy.

Finished Reading