NovelMomma's Reviews > Guarded Dreams

Guarded Dreams by L.J. Evans

bookshelves: arc

LJ Evans is a unicorn author. You know the kind - they only come along once in a blue moon, but every word they write is pure magic. Every single one of her books brings all the feels and more, and Guarded Dreams is no exception. This book is absolutely amazing.

I fell so hard for Eli and Ava. They are both such amazing, complex characters. They are incredibly well developed both on their own and as a couple. And the build...oh the sweet build that leads up to this romance is complete perfection. It is one of those books that make you want to ignore everything else, because you have to see it through - see them through to the end.

These are characters that absolutely deserve a happy ending, but they have to work for it. However, once they got there it was everything I hoped for and more. Eli is book boyfriend perfection. He is kind and caring. He knows what he wants and goes after it, but he also has realistic expectations. He put himself out there and made me swoon more than once. Ava is the girl you want to befriend, support, and cheer on. She has had so much to overcome, but she is determined. She puts her heart and soul into her dreams, but she is wise enough to see when those dreams are growing and changing. They are a couple you get behind and long to see through because you are so invested in each of them.

LJ’s writing is pure poetry. She pulled me in from the very beginning, and kept me hooked to the very last word. The descriptions she chooses to include are perfection. I felt every word of this book. When I finished, it was filled with highlights I wanted to immediately reread. This is by far one of the best books of 2019.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Guarded Dreams.

February 1, 2019 – Shelved