Cadiva's Reviews > Heated Rivalry

Heated Rivalry by Rachel  Reid

Oh this book is utterly delicious, I absolutely love enemies to lovers and this one takes that trope and runs with it in a brilliant way.

Not only is the narrative style itself unusual - the story starts with a Prologue in the present time and then takes the reader seven years in the past to tell the epic romance of two ice hockey rivals - but the enemies to lovers element is twisted from an incendiary sexual attraction into a deep and abiding love.

I even wasn't in the slightest bit bothered by the fact that at the end of this book (view spoiler)

I know my lovely friend Dani described the end as a strong HFN, but for me this was an utterly convincing HEA, just one with a hidden element for now.

I really enjoyed book one in this series, this could be read as a standalone, there's very little overlapping, but you'd miss out on another great read.

Rachel Reid is rapidly becoming one of my favourite sports romance writers, she manages to pitch the pace perfectly between the playing ice hockey element and the romance.

And oh boy were these two on fire, their sexual chemistry is off the charts. There's so much more than just that though and I loved how their friendship and relationship developed in tandem.

More please!

#ARC kindly received from the publishers Carina Press via NetGalley in return for an honest and unbiased review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heated Rivalry.

February 1, 2019 – Shelved