Estara's Reviews > Nikki and the Lone Wolf

Nikki and the Lone Wolf by Marion Lennox

Jan 30, 2012

bookshelves: ebook, read-in-2012
Recommended for: fans of Australian contemporary romances with dogs
Read on January 30, 2012 — I own a copy

Of the three books by Marion Lennox I've read I liked the curmudgeonly but deeply wounded Fishing Fleet owner best. There was more funny dialogue in the Miracle Bride, but Nikki and especially Horse the dog and the fascination with stone fence building (that I associate with Great Britain) really did it for me.

I like that both Nikki and Gabe are successful in their careers, but both have decided to withdraw into themselves after being hurt. Gabe is another of Lennox's boys with a damaged childhood, but Nikki in some ways is, benignly neglected by her international lawyer parents. I adored the fact that Nikki has a job that pays fantastically in a traditionally male business like engineering.

Both she and Gabe are eventually willing to compromise, and before that she totally tells and shows him that she can do it on her own, with Horse and her new-found friends in Banksia Bay if he should decide to be too afraid to risk his heart.

Aggie the stonecutter expert had a lovely cameo, as did Henrietta the sorrowful animal shelter lady.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nikki and the Lone Wolf.