Martina's Reviews > We Told Six Lies

We Told Six Lies by Victoria Scott

Guys, THIS BOOK!
To be honest, I didn't expect it to like this book to much, but it totally blew my mind!
"We told six lies" is a YA mystery and it's about a girl and a boy who fall in love, but it's not just it.
It's about love and loss, sadness and depression, hate and betrayals. Plus, it really focuses on lies and the consequences they might have on us and those around us. Lying might seem the simpler way to interact with people, to protect ourselves and to make things easier, but then it turns out it's just the worst thing we can do. Lying always bring bad things. I really liked the focus on this matter.
The character were well described and, especially from a psichological point of view, they were realistic and well written. It was easy to empathise with both Molly and Cobain. But also with other characters.
The novel in divided into 'then' and 'now' chapters and it's something that I found really smart. It's a way to keep you glue to the pages because it doesn't let you know everything right away.
Another thing that I loved about this book is that it was full of twists. Usually, when I read a thriller, I love to be surprised, even if I always try to figure out what happened or what's happening. I'm just too curious and I like to solve mysteries. So, when I arrive to the end of a book and I find out that my theory is wrong, I can't help but feel amazed. And the final of "We told six lies" amazed me. I was so sure of my theory that I dind't see the big twist coming. That left me speechless and brought me so much joy.

If you're a YA and mystery novels fan, then this book is definetely your cup of tea! It's captivating, appealing and original.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read We Told Six Lies.

February 1, 2019 – Started Reading
February 1, 2019 – Shelved
February 16, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Kimber (new)

Kimber Silver A wonderful review, Martina! I'm glad this one was a winner. :-)

Martina Thank you! :)