Suzie Waltner's Reviews > The Secret of Willow Inn

The Secret of Willow Inn by Pat Nichols

Pat Nichols captures the small town in the first book in her Willow Falls series. The little Georgia town is full of opinionated residents who don’t hesitate to voice their opinions when controversy strikes. And there is plenty of drama in Willow Falls.

First, there’s the return of Sadie Lyles. A woman who spent the past thirty years of her life in prison for murder. Then there’s the matter of opening the inn and hotel. When news of another venture reaches the town, everyone has an opinion on that as well. And the place to gather and keep an eye on everything is Pepper’s Café (the place where Sadie happens to be working).

But the town’s not all bad. When tragedy strikes, the community bands together to show their support as they do when Emily Hayes receives news that changes her life.

With so much going on, you might thing it would be difficult to keep track, but Nichols weaves this story so well and gives each character enough uniqueness that I never once felt lost. Which is a good thing when you throw in Rachel Anderson from Atlanta who connects with one of the town residents.

The Secret of Willow Inn has a tad bit of mystery in it to keep you reading through the few parts that dragged, but its strength is in the emotions it pulls out of the reader. And as I read happily along, I was hit with a surprise about three-quarters of the way through, an unexpected but good one. I would love to return to Willow Falls when the second book in the series comes out.

Disclosure statement:
I receive complimentary books from publishers, publicists, and/or authors, including NetGalley. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret of Willow Inn.

January 31, 2019 – Started Reading
January 31, 2019 – Shelved
February 1, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Pat (new) - added it

Pat Nichols Thank you, Suzie for taking the time to comment. I'm delighted you found each character unique. There is much more ahead for Emily, Rachel, Sadie, and Willow Falls residents.