Kailin's Reviews > Loving Summer

Loving Summer by Kailin Gow

Jan 29, 2012

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: contemporary-romance, teen, young-adult-romance, young-adult

Update 2016!

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE READERS OF LOVING SUMMER!

Over 1.5 million books sold or downloaded in the US alone. Loving Summer Series is being translated into Korean. Loving Summer Series has already been translated into Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese. More languages on the way!

Now there are 2 films planned and being produced by an award-winning women-friendly film production company. The first film, Loving Summer is currently in pre-production.

After 9 books (AND STILL GOING), Loving Summer Series has grown from a teen book (17+) to an Adult Contemporary because Summer and the Donovans have matured over the years. Having gone through high school, college, grad school, a career before working full-time as an author, getting married, being happily married, and having children (basically being able to fortunately have it all - career, marriage, children, and family life, and happiness); I am glad I am able to infuse some of my own life experience into this series as a Coming-Of-Age series.

If anyone who has read the entire series (not just the book's description of Loving Summer) to Summer's Landing thinks this is like any teen beach series out there, think again. I hope most people won't think teen beach series like these are typical of the teen experience. What happens to Summer is complex and hopefully doesn't happen to everyone. :D

Happy Reading!
xo
Kailin

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Loving Summer.

Quotes Kailin Liked

Kailin Gow
“I know that whatever you decide, you’ll be happy, Summer, and that is the only thing I could ever wish. Whatever happens in the rest of this summer, whatever happens the rest of your life, it’s important that you are happy, and stay that way. – Aunt Sookie”
Kailin Gow, Loving Summer