Kate ✨ is a dreamer's Reviews > The Hook Up

The Hook Up by Kristen Callihan

22207986

liked it
bookshelves: na, romance, college, sports, contemporary

3.5 stars!

I really, really enjoyed this one!! I was a bit skeptical going in, the whole football-star-meets-nerdy-girl thing has been done quite a bit, and I didn't want this one to be just another insta-love-melt-fest. But I was happily surprised!

The emotions were real, and the readers were there every step of the emotional process: the unrequited love, the no-strings-attached hookups, and then the fighting-the-love-attraction phase. We were with them every step of the way, even if the process did stretch on a l i t t l e far.

Anna is a dedicated college student, and Drew is the star quarterback. So when he starts showing her his affections, she doesn't know what to do but draw a harsh line in the sand: no kissing on the mouth, no staying the night, no telling anyone, no strings attached and above all, no falling in love. Drew's slow courtship and perusal of Anna was very fun to witness, especially when it had her running scared and fluttery, but standing strong to save face.

Overall, this was a sweet, swoony and sexy read that I thoroughly enjoyed the hell out of! It did seem to stretch the story a little bit, adding in things at the end that increased the size by 20%, but I really enjoyed the characters, so what can I say? Definitely recommend for a lazy afternoon of reading.

Check out more totally awesome bookish content at www.covertocoverlit.com
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hook Up.

January 28, 2019 – Started Reading