Alison's Reviews > Own To Obey

Own To Obey by Zoey Ellis

bookshelves: hidden-gem-arc, on-kindle, got-it-for-free, dark

Oh. My. Word.

I have devoured this book in a matter of hours. I COULD NOT put this book down! This is my first Zoey Ellis book and it will be far from my last!

This painful love story left me speechless, emotionally shaken and almost numb that it was over...
I need more!

The intensity of this book is breathtaking, heart-wrenching and delicious all rolled into one - just like the fabulous, strong, sexual Alpha!

Kardos, The Alpha: Dangerous, powerful, barbaric anti-hero and he is amazing... Delicious was actually the word that kept popping into my head as I thought about what I wanted to say in this review. Kardos has his own goals, and challenges but he is consistent with his motivations. I did start to feel for this character. I needed to understand him, just as Shaya sought to do.
Shaya is an Omega: Strong willed, passionate and loyal. She was a solid lead who grew into her own role and who went through the necessary "learning pains."

The character development and the evolution of this relationship was so intense and .. my word.. the feelings - oh the FEELINGS I experienced while reading this book!! Love. Hate. Fear. Happiness. Anger. Pain. Hope. Betrayal. Heart Break. . . Numbness... Joy.

Nearing the end of the book - my level of suspicion, trepidation and hope all rolled into one was soo strong! I was praying for a HEA for both Kardos and Shaya.... and I was actually nervous for Shaya and the path she was unknowingly headed down. I appreciated that as a reader, I learned Shaya's fate at the same time she did. But man ... the Heartbreak and the Betrayal of how her destiny was laid out to her was just down right powerful.

As I got to the last page.. my heart was pounding and I was practically salivating for MORE - More Kadros, more Shaya, more of this fascinating world that is mystical and dark.

This story killed me - it was amazing, and I can barely catch my breath from this fabulous read that left me delirious.

I finished this book practically screaming "YEESSS GURL - YAASSS!!!"

So please... heed the warnings if you are triggered by dark situations, as some of it is sensitive.
But if you want a book that will take you on a roller coaster of emotions... you've found it!

Thank you for Zoey Ellis and Hidden Gems for the opportunity to read an ARC for my honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Own To Obey.

January 31, 2019 – Started Reading
January 31, 2019 –
47.0% "Oh my goodness this book is fast paced and has a limited world but I am addicted!!"
January 31, 2019 – Shelved
January 31, 2019 – Shelved as: hidden-gem-arc
January 31, 2019 – Shelved as: on-kindle
January 31, 2019 – Finished Reading
February 2, 2019 – Shelved as: got-it-for-free
February 2, 2019 – Shelved as: dark

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Mandy Alison if you enjoyed this book then you MUST read the other books in the series! You will love them!!! Zoey Ellis' Myth Of Omega series is truly in a league of its own