Joséphine (Word Revel)'s Reviews > Essential Spanish in 2 Hours with Paul Noble

Essential Spanish in 2 Hours with Paul Noble by Paul Noble

Decent audiobook as a supplement for someone who is learning Spanish, or someone who just wants to learn a few phrases and how to at least get around during a holiday in Spain.

I found the audiobook awfully draggy, even at 1.5x speed. Paul spoke English much slower than Carmen spoke Spanish though, so I couldn't go faster than 1.6x if I wanted to catch the Spanish pronunciations. There are a lot of pauses to allow listeners to translate words, phrases and sentences. That's the point, of course. For someone who finds these pauses too short, they can easily pause. However, for me, the pauses were often too long, so I felt stuck.

Still, if you're out for a walk and would like to occupy your mind with something to learn, Essential Spanish in 2 Hours is a low stress resource that'll help build your Spanish vocabulary by expanding what you already know in English.

Then again, during my French courses in university, I found that many of my course mates did this naturally — if they didn't know the French term, they'd adapt the English one into French and hope for the best. In that regard, Essential Spanish in 2 Hours might be an idle supplement since it aims to help listeners with doing exactly that.

Either way, it's helpful to hear the pronunciations, and any time spent immersing in a new language is better than none at all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Essential Spanish in 2 Hours with Paul Noble.

January 31, 2019 – Started Reading