Linzi's Reviews > Wires and Nerve, Volume 2: Gone Rogue

Wires and Nerve, Volume 2 by Marissa Meyer

2074994

bookshelves: fantasy-sci-fi, comics-graphic-novels

I finally picked up Wires and Nerves after putting it off for other things for a while. It's the next in the Lunar Chronicles graphic novels continuations. It's been so long since I read the last one (and to be fair, I didn't finish the original novel series) and I had trouble remembering everyone's relationship to each other.

We open with Selene stepping down as Queen, or was it Empress? Either way, she's decided that she's going to step down and le the people come up with their own elected officials. Meanwhile, Alpha Steele is still convinced that he and his people can regain their humanity through force and that the Lunar leaders are simply hiding the cure from them.

There are battles and betrayals. There are revelations in plot and in personal growth for some of the characters. The artwork is wonderful and while I can see where a graphic novel of this size is best served having a singular blue color palette, it would have been even better had they used a full spectrum of color.

If you're already this far along in the series, you're going to enjoy this follow up. I might suggest going back and at least skimming the first graphic novel in order to refresh yourself on the characters and the situation. If you're like me, you probably forgot a lot of it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wires and Nerve, Volume 2.

January 31, 2019 – Shelved