Yaz's Reviews > Wraith

Wraith by Phaedra Weldon

2034791
Jan 29, 2012

Read on May 27, 2012

I absolutely loved Wraith and Zoe, she is reckless, irreverent and funny and I'm kicking myself for waiting do long to read it! How can you not love a heroine who admits she's not the brightest bulb in the sign? One who talks to herself and has the unfortunate tendency to let her mouth run away with her at the worst moments.

Zoe is operating blind, when it comes to her ability or the paranormal world. Most of what she has learned comes from trial and error and she often takes stupid risks, but since she doesn't know anything about Travellers, she has no other way except to throw herself into dangerous situations in an attempt to discover the truth about her own abilities and the paranormal world she finds herself in, despite being out of her depth on more than one occasion.

Zoe often finds herself relying on family and friends for support and information though she is hesitant about putting them in danger. Her mother, Nona seems to know more than she is letting on about Zoe's abilities and the paranormal, and misguidedly thinks she is protecting her by keeping her in the dark.

Phaedra Weldon deftly draws you into Zoe's world until you are completely sucked in and leaves you wanting more. The first book is a great start to the series and I've immediately ordered the second one, I can't wait to discover more about the can of paranormal worms opened in Wraith.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wraith.