Debra Webster's Reviews > Land of July: A Real Life Scandal of Sex & Social Media at a Connecticut High School

Land of July by Robert M. Marchese

What a study in personality disorder. Our family has wrangled with another type yet no less destructive. This book is raw but so is the suffering inflicted on Robert and his family. In this book Robert was angry, bitter and dumbfounded about how he got here. All of this is understandable. I read it in one night because I had to find out if he got beyond some of the angst.

Time helps, but something more profound needs to happen for anyone wronged. Forgiveness does not mean the crime is excused, but it does mean the person wronged releases the bitterness and anger because it is destroying their good parts and those they love the most. Forgiveness is not a light sentence for the perpetrator, but it does away with the life sentence for the one hurt. Living a life sentence of bitterness is just one more victory for the perpetrator. Robert, don't let her win. Letting it go opens up your future without all the baggage. We learned this when we dealt with this and it opened up great hope and new life.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Land of July.

January 29, 2019 – Started Reading