Ashley Houser's Reviews > The Turn of the Key

The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware

bookshelves: listened-to-audiobook

3.5 stars.

I love Ruth Ware! There is just something about her gothic writing style that resonates with me and I enjoy everything she writes. I have to admit that my favorite is The Death of Mrs. Westaway and her newest unfortunately did not knock my socks off but I still enjoyed it.

One quick side note.... All of Ruth Ware's audiobooks are narrated by Imogen Church and she is fabulous. Her voice and style go hand in hand perfectly with the spirit of Ruth Ware's work. I hope she continues to narrate her stories in the future.

This story was a tad different from everything else I've read by Ruth Ware and frankly I've grown a tad tired of thrillers with a nanny as a central character. They seem a bit overdone right now. I did enjoy the ghost story quality to the story but wasn't overly excited about the ending. It was a good book and I enjoyed it but it didn't knock my socks off. Given how excited I was for Ware's latest release, I was a little bit let down.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Turn of the Key.

January 29, 2019 – Shelved
January 29, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
March 11, 2019 – Shelved (Other Hardcover Edition)
March 11, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read (Other Hardcover Edition)
August 22, 2019 – Started Reading