Brenda's Reviews > Shadows Over Wongan Creek

Shadows Over Wongan Creek by Juanita Kees

bookshelves: 2019-release, aussie-authors, romantic-suspense, 5000-2019, arc, net-galley, own-read

When Kieran and his four-year-old son Liam arrived at Wongan Creek, his job at the winery as manager was assured. The Cranky Lizard winery had been scammed by a person Fenella had trusted – the guilt she felt was deep. But her mum Liv, was on her side, knowing Fen had been scammed as well – but the darkness of the past was about to rise up and surround Fen once again.

Fen and Kieran had been best mates, supporting each other, when they were young, broken and alone. Now, many years later, both had moved on but the past was never far away. Fen’s memories of a time when she was seven years old were fractured; there were events she didn’t want to remember. But the nightmares were ever present. What was going to happen? The danger Fen sensed had her worried for Liv, for Liam and Kieran – would it ever stop?

Shadows Over Wongan Creek is the 3rd in the Wongan Creek series by Aussie author Juanita Kees and it was great to catch up with Travis and Heather (book 1) and Tameka and Harley (book 2) as well as become involved in Fen and Kieran’s lives. The suspense ripples through this book, intense and breathtaking – some very nasty characters here – along with heartbreak and poignancy. An enjoyable rural romantic suspense, and I look forward to #4. Highly recommended.

With thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for my digital ARC to read in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadows Over Wongan Creek.

January 29, 2019 – Shelved
February 7, 2019 – Shelved as: net-galley
March 1, 2019 – Started Reading
March 2, 2019 – Finished Reading
March 3, 2019 – Shelved as: own-read

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

message 1: by Phrynne (new)

Phrynne Great review Brenda.

That cover though....seriously??? They are getting worse! He looks like a giant cowboy towering over the countryside.

message 2: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Oh Phrynne your comment had me laughing, but you’re so right 😊

Great review, Brenda!

Brenda I do agree with you Phrynne - I wish they'd move past the guys and girls in hats, and put them into perspective!!

Thanks girls :)

message 4: by Dale (new)

Dale Harcombe You’re not the only one there takes issue with the covers.

Brenda I don't take a lot of notice, except when they're really good! And I don't let them stop me reading the inside ;)

message 6: by Juanita (new)

Juanita Kees Thanks for the lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed Fen and Kieran's story. Ladies, I'm sorry the cover disappointed you :'( While I understand the whole balance and perspective of a cover, the one thing that struck me when I first saw it was that the cover artists nailed the scarred hero perfectly. I hope you will see past the cover to the message between the pages. Happy reading.

Brenda You're welcome Juanita :)