Jon Ureña's Reviews > ドメスティックな彼女 2

ドメスティックな彼女 2 by Kei Sasuga

liked it
bookshelves: fiction, manga

Three and a half.

Compulsively readable. The characters are very sympathetic. Rui's quiet self-determination that partially hides a wounded heart and her general inability to interact properly with her peers. Hina's preoccupation with filling her role of teacher as an adult, despite being a whimsical drunkard who interacts with others like a teenager. Natsuo, the protagonist, a shy wannabe novelist that isn't taken seriously often, although he proves himself to be a reliable guy. I like that they are more or less aware of their shortcomings and try to move ahead in life and deal with others in constructive ways (in contrast with the most recent manga I read with a similar setting, which was Onani Master Kurosawa).

This volume introduces a new character. The way she's talked about and dealt with shows curious sides about Japanese society that I've seen in other stories of theirs. We mostly know about this new classmate of Rui's from the vicious gossip: other girls warn Rui against interacting with her, because she's a slut. They claim that she's done it with dozens, that she was involved in orgies. The girls consider her a disgrace. Rui (view spoiler).

I was most surprised by the part about the (view spoiler). I don't recall ever having seen in this genre such an interesting and uncomfortably erotic development.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read ドメスティックな彼女 2.

January 29, 2019 – Started Reading