Delilah's Reviews > Kiss of the Night

Kiss of the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Jan 29, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: fantasy, romance, language-english, 50-2012

This book was not as much fun as the ones before it. Oh, the story of an immortal viking warrior that is cursed to always be forgotten after five minutes is mighty cool. That he falls in love with a woman born to the very people he is sworn to hunt and kill is even more interesting. But I have to admit, Wulf and Cassandra's story was not the really interesting part of the book for me.

What I loved was the look into Appolite society, their reasons to become Daimon and how there can be some Daimons that are not strictly 'evil'. The mystery around Acheron gets more and more fascinating, and it is not the fact that we don't actually know what exactly he that makes it so great for me. It's the reason why he apparently goes against his very nature to live his life as he does.

Anyway, this book had definitely four sex scenes that were totally useless for the plot. I can forgive that as it seems Kiss of the Night is the book equivalent of that 'one episode of your favourite tv show which is placed somewhat between plot points where you have to wonder if the studio only filmed it to make the season have its full number of contractual needed episodes' - a filler book, if that makes more sense.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss of the Night.

January 29, 2012 – Shelved