Ritika Chhabra's Reviews > Welcome To Camp Slither

Welcome To Camp Slither by R.L. Stine

bookshelves: 2019, i-wish-i-had-books, the-i-love-books

Follow Just A Girl High On Books for more reviews.

You didn't think that I just stopped after reading two books of Goosebumps, did you? Nah, I just had to go and pick up another one, albeit one from a different series. And now I'm dying to read this entire series. I guess, Goosebumps: Horrorland is the only series that is related to each other (sort of). And probably that is why I want to try it ASAP. I remember highlights from the previous novels, a few of which I had read. (Or maybe they were latter novels. I'm not quite sure now, so many years later.) Whatever they were, I rather enjoyed myself and am now jumping up and down to start off with the remaining books by R.L. Stine as soon as I get my time. But of course, who on earth has time here, right? And that is why all that I will do is sit and brood until my studies slow down and I can make sense of things, haha!

In any case, this part of Goosebumps wasn't particularly unnerving. Yes, there was this one pretty gore sight and the end was pretty scary too for I was worried about the protagonist but overall, it was okay-ish. Welcome to Camp Slither did not raise in me the kind of terror it probably should have raised. Or maybe it just had too many snakes in it that I ended up disliking it more than being scared of it. (Believe me, I'm a chicken. I'm still scared of the things in Goosebumps sometimes. For Example, when in I Am Your Evil Twin, the uncle says that his twin is his cousin, only for him to realize that there is someone else impersonating him, things start to get a little gory for him. Yes, definitely scary for me.)

Overall, though, it was a nice read and I enjoyed it. Perhaps, the second part of it was more enjoyable than the first but then, who am I kidding? The second part was in HORRORLAND!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Welcome To Camp Slither.

January 29, 2019 – Started Reading