Joséphine (Word Revel)'s Reviews > Your Happiness Was Hacked: Why Tech Is Winning the Battle to Control Your Brain—and How to Fight Back

Your Happiness Was Hacked by Vivek Wadhwa

Initial thoughts: This is one of those books that consolidates what you probably already know, backs that knowledge up with research and makes a plea for readers to actually act upon that knowledge. I think by now, most of us are aware about the negative impact of technology and social media on our relationships and health. Vivek Wadhwa and Alex Salkever, however, acknowledge the benefits of technology as well, which is why they strive for balance and are all about human agency.

Even though there was hardly any new information for me, for some, the stats they cited might still come as a surprise. Their suggestions on how to limit and control our use of technology are accessible, and are beneficial not only for those who decide to follow these suggestions but also for the people who interact with them.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Your Happiness Was Hacked.

January 28, 2019 – Shelved