Melissa ♥ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf's Reviews > Going Back for Romeo

Going Back for Romeo by L.L. Muir

Jan 29, 2012

bookshelves: owned-ebook, reviewed-pub-or-author

I am going to be completely honest about this…as I fully believe that you my readers deserve nothing less and I know that I expect nothing less from you. I went into this book fully expecting that it would be entertaining but not really “good” if you know what I mean. I mean…look at that cover…add highlanders…time travel…witches…Romeo & Juliet… Isn’t it all really just a bit much?

NO, it is all exactly just right!

We are thrown right into the action with Laird Ross entombing his still living sister who has been condemned a witch and the book just runs from there. All of the characters are likeable and relatable. Jillian with her interesting background story makes a wonderful heroine. Monty with his tortured past is all you’d want in a Highlander. and the secondary characters all come alive through LL Muir’s story telling. And the author writes with such heart and wit that you’ll race through to the end before you even know what has happened.

I will admit that there were two small scenes were some of the story was told through flashbacks and I feel it would have kept the continuity had it all been told in chronological order and there was one scene that still has me scratching my head. However , it honestly didn’t detract from my enjoyment of the story one bit.

I can’t believe how much I enjoyed this book! The author must indeed be a witch as her same named characters are to have made such an impression on me:) And I want the next installment…now please!

If you are looking for a quick fun read with loveable and kooky characters and a lot of humor…this book is for you!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Going Back for Romeo.

January 29, 2012 – Shelved
February 16, 2012 – Shelved as: reviewed-pub-or-author
February 16, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 1: by ☕ Kimberly (new)

☕ Kimberly love your review..i am adding this one too my pile.