Cyndi Becker's Reviews > Anton

Anton by Brenda Rothert

Anton Petrov is a dreamboat on ice. This uber lovable captain of the Chicago Blaze has long harbored a crush on a teammates wife and for two years has remained steadfastly loyal to her, she just doesn't know it. Heck no one can know because its just not the kind of thing an honorable man like him wants anyone finding out. It's not until he discovers the object of his affections, Mia, is working at a bar after having left her abusive husband that Anton fesses up. And thus begins this slow-burn love story between Anton and Mia Marceau.

As if the juxtaposition between Anton kindness and the her cheating husband Adam wasn't enough, Anton captures her heart by the sheer force of his being. Mia's spent too long being beaten down by Adam and has some recovery to do, but she follows her instincts and allows Anton in. The pace of the story was perfect and Rothert develops a compelling case for Mia to fall in love with Anton. He's the polar opposite of her husband Adam, he's generous and kind and as the friendship between them develops Anton shows how deep his need to protect Mia runs.

I loved the way that Anton and Mia came together and the bond they formed. The story is bolstered by a cast of secondary characters that help drive the connection between them; his uncle Dix who gives Anton the pretext to help Mia, her roommate Anita and her son Dre, and Anton's twin Alexei (whose story comes next in this series and I simply can't wait for.)

This is the first book by Brenda Rothert that I've read and with this one book I proudly call myself a fan. Yowza, she clearly she knows how to pick a cover is this is one of my favorite this year. I highly recommend this gem of a hockey romance read.

*I was gifted a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anton.

January 28, 2019 – Started Reading