Franci Neill's Reviews > Stiffed

Stiffed by Joanne Schwehm

bookshelves: joanne-schwehm

5 Who Knew Pop Rocks Were Multi-Purpose Stars!!!

If that above doesn't get you to read this book just so you can find out what I'm talking about, let me tell you all the reasons you MUST read Stiffed by Joanne Schwehm....

Jack and April truly are the ultimate second chance that is meant to be. When this book starts we get their first meeting and I was already swooning, he was so caught up in this sweet little girl with pigtails that moved next door. When we next see Jack it's ten years after their hearts have been broken and he's ready to get his girl back and boy does he do it in some would say grand style!
"She was my missing piece, and I hadn't been whole since."
Little does April know when she moves back to Virginia to run the newly opened division of her father's company that not only will she most likely run into Jack, but she'll be seeing him on a daily basis... I may have had quite a chuckle at this development! Oh and when they do see each other, the Jack is ready to get her back, but alas, April not so much....
"I know I broke us, but please let me put the pieces back in place. All I want is for us to be together ... to be happy... to love... because that's my purpose. You, April, are my purpose."
The more I read this book, the more I loved it. Jack is in all his alpha glory proving that he's the only man for her, but, the Prescott's as a whole are fully involved in making this reunion successful! There were definitely some moments of angst and memories for them. I adored how Jack went about to break down April's walls. There's a friendship between them that while they haven't seen in each other in so many years is still there and while he uses that to his advantage, seducing the only woman for him was so romantic and also laugh out loud funny at times.

There were quite a few surprises in this book too that I really didn't see coming which I think made this book a much richer read. Getting to see the Prescott family interacting and the love they have for each other warmed my heart. I've always been a fan of this family and any time I can get a good dose of them I know I'll be laughing and maybe shed a tear, but that's okay!

What it all comes down to, is Ms. Schwehm has written a book that captured me from the very first page, brought me along for a love story with a couple that I think needed to be apart to appreciate what they have now. Their chemistry is through the roof but the love they share for each other is one that while may have been tested and could be tested again in the future, is one that will never waiver.

#stiffed #prescottsereis #jackandapril #hebrokethem #buthesgoingtoputthembacktogether #chemistrythroughtheroof #poprockshaveanewmeaning #goingtoalltheirfavoriteplaces #hesdeterminedtowinherback #shesnotthesamewomanshewastenyearsago #thebestsecondchanceever
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stiffed.

January 27, 2019 – Started Reading