Nikki Wilde's Reviews > Rainshadow Road

Rainshadow Road by Lisa Kleypas

Jan 28, 2012

liked it

It started off with a little magic. It goes through Lucy's childhood and why she and her sister are the way they are. I was so annoyed by Alice that I was cringing all through their childhood. Do parents really act like that? Then, I think, of course they do.

The whole story felt a little depressing to me. Even when Lucy was with Kevin in the beginning she seemed to be ... well, depressed. It was a little hard to read. Then she meets Sam in a very interesting and different way. I felt like it was something I'd almost do. As enjoyable as that was I'm not exactly sure I felt a connection to the characters.

There were a few twists that came about that I didn't see coming and rather enjoyed but then there were a few things that you could see coming a mile away.

The magic wasn't a predominate part of the story and it has me wondering why it was even there at all. I feel like it didn't have to be. I, personally, didn't mind the magic but I'm not sure everyone will feel the same way.

I wish I felt more for these characters because the story was really interesting. I loved the supporting characters and the detail that went into explaining the story. I find it difficult to connect unless I can feel what it is they're feeling.

I am excited about the next book in the series that is coming. I'd love to see where we're going from here and who's next in the story line.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rainshadow Road.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee Ok, you hit the nail on the head! I was trying to figure out exactly what it was about this book that I didn't like, and you're right! This book was kind of depressing! I'm not looking to be depressed when I read a book. Especially not a Kleypas novel!.