Kendall's Reviews > The Secret of Clouds

The Secret of Clouds by Alyson Richman

This was such a sweet and enjoyable read!

This book was powerful for me because I used to be a teacher and it brought back so many memories and made my heart happy :).

There are two parallel storylines that are brought to light in The Secret of Clouds. Maggie is a teacher and connects with one student in particular Yuri who has a heart condition that is mostly taught at home. As the story progress, Maggie and Yuri form a powerful bond as they both are inspired and learn from one another. The second storyline is about Yuri's parents move from Soviet Union to the United States in the 1980's.

It was a tad bit predictable where the story was going but I still enjoyed this emotional and raw story.

Alyson Richman displays a beautiful tribute to devoted teachers and all the ways that they inspire their students. Our kids need more teachers like Maggie in this big world of ours <3.

Overall, a sweet and enjoyable read.

4 stars for The Secret of Clouds.

Thank you to Berkley Publishing for the arc in exchange for an honest review.

Publication date: 2/19/19
Published to Goodreads: 2/18/19

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret of Clouds.

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)

Holly  B Wonderful review Kendie💕

message 2: by Marialyce (new)

Marialyce Happy that this was a good story and one I am anxious to read. Great review, Kendall!

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle What's so great about these stories is that the more people read things like this; the better our world will be. I wish more people read. Great review, Kendall!

message 4: by JanB (new)

JanB I have a soft spot for teachers. Lovely review Kendall, so glad this was a sweet read. And that cover 😍

Mackenzie - PhDiva Books Great review, Kendie!!! I loved hearing about how you connected to the teacher aspect of the book!

Kendall Holly- Thank you!! <3.
Marialyce- I'm curious your thoughts on this one!!
Michelle- Gosh right?! I totally agree! Thanks so much :)
Jan- I know me too!! Thanks so much :)
Kenzie- Aww thank you! :)

message 7: by Tina (new)

Tina Fab review Kendall!

message 8: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Glad you loved this one Kendall! Fab review!

message 9: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Great review, Kendall! Glad it overall was an enjoyable read! 💞

message 10: by KAS (new)

KAS So glad this read brought back great memories for you, dear Kendall ;) Fabulous review!! 💜😊

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Fab review, Kendall! It's always fun to read a book that gives you memories. 💝

Norma * Traveling Sister Great review, Kendall! I enjoyed this one too!

message 13: by Cheri (new)

Cheri Terrific review, Kendall! I'm so happy you enjoyed this one so much!